Sobennikoffia robusta Schltr.
- Common Name:
- Family: Orchidaceae Juss.
- Country of Origin: northwestern Madagascar
- Habitat: sandy very dry woods at the base of trees
- Culture: Found in dry forests as lithophyte, epiphyte or terrestrial in sand at base of trees. Grow in very bright shade- 3000-4000 fc. Summer days mid 70's nights 60's. Water when media becomes dry on top. Fertilize in summer with 1/2 teaspoon fertilize/gallon water every other watering. Winter days mid 60-70 deg. nights in mid 50's. Dryer winter rest but never allow plant to go bone dry, store in temps in 60s-70s.
- CITES Appendix II Listed Plant
Additional images for this accession:Click on thumbnails to enlarge
- Accession # 201000150
- Source: Birds Botanicals
- Accession Date: 10-14-2010
- Bench: 3303 - Bog - Families Hy-Sa
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 01-10-2013
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: monocots
- Order: Asparagales
- Family: Orchidaceae
- SubFamily: Epidendroideae
- Tribe: Vandeae
- SubTribe: Angraecinae
data regenerated on Thu, 23 May 2013 09:04:54 -0400