Lithops divergens ssp. amethystina (de Boer) R.A.Earle & A.J.Young
- Common Name: Purple Living Stone
- Family: Aizoaceae Rudolphi.
- Country of Origin: South Africa
- Description: Purplish, lobed living stone from the southwestern corner of Bushmanland. The relationship of this form to typical Lithops divergens from the Knersvlakte is somewhat questionable; it is ecologically distinct and much quicker-growing than ssp. divergens.
- Accession # 202200113
- Source: M. Opel ex Mesa Garden seed
SH 1323, WNW of Loeriesfontein, NC, RSA. Seed of Mesa Garden 1569.2 sown Aug 29, 2021
Additional provenance data on file but suppressed from public display.
- Accession Date: 11-28-2022
- Bench: 2207 - XER:Namib / Karoo D
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 04-30-2023
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Magnoliopsida
- SubClass: core eudicots
- Order: Caryophyllales
- Family: Aizoaceae
- SubFamily: Ruschioideae
- Tribe: Ruschieae
data regenerated on Sun, 14 May 2023 12:04:21 -0400 [bcm v4.0]