Psychotria cf. kirkii
- Common Name:
- Family: Rubiaceae Juss.
- Country of Origin: tropical Africa
- Description: One of a number of 'bacteriophilous' Rubiaceae species in tropical Africa.
See Development and Structure of Bacterial Leaf Nodules in Psychotria bacteriophila Val. (Rubiaceae) for more information on a related species.
Additional images for this accession:Click on thumbnails to enlarge
- Accession # 198800058
- Source: SCE/Smith Col.
- Provenance: Smith College #274-80 seed from Univ. Vienna, Austria
6DEC2005 - some information has come to light suggesting that the original material may have been mislabelled and may in fact be Psychotria kirkii. We will retain this ID for now and additionally will attempt to secure validly ID'd Psychotria ipecacuanha for comparison and/or replacement. CMORSE
26SEP2007 - species narrowed down to one of the 'bacteriophilous' Rubiaceae from tropical Africa due to the presence of leaf 'galls'. P. kirkii is a widespread 'bacteriphilous' species so will maintain this ID until narrowed down further.
- Recorded Vouchers: CONN Accession #: 129350
- Accession Date: 01-20-1988
- Bench: 1111 - AFR:Guinean Forest A
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 05-22-2013
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Magnoliopsida
- SubClass: euasterid I
- Order: Gentianales
- Family: Rubiaceae
- SubFamily: Rubioideae
- Tribe: Psychotrieae
data regenerated on Wed, 22 May 2013 14:18:34 -0400