Pteris ensiformis Burm. f.
- Common Name: slender brake
- Family: Pteridaceae Ching
- Country of Origin: temperate China, Indomalaysia, Queesnland Australia
- Uses: Edible: The sweetish tasting young fronds are eaten steamed, used as flavoring and is an ingredient in most traditional Taiwanese beverages.
Medicinal: Used in many ways in traditional folk medicine this plant has been shown to have antipyretic, antirheumatic, antidysenteric attributes.
Data from Philippine Alternative Medicine, http://www.stuartxchange.org/PakongParang.html
Additional images for this accession:Click on thumbnails to enlarge
- Accession # 200800001
- Source: unknown
- Accession Date: 01-22-2008
- Bench: 2302 - Temperate Asia - Low
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 01-08-2013
- Division: Ferns
- Class: Polypodiopsida
- Order: Polypodiales
- Family: Pteridaceae
data regenerated on Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:56:20 -0400