Gossypium darwinii G.Watt
- Common Name: Darwin's Cotton
- Family: Malvaceae Juss.
- Country of Origin: Galapagos Islands (endemic)
- Habitat: arid and transition zones in shrubland and dry forest
- Description: Genetic studies indicate that it is most closely related to the native American species Gossypium barbadense, thus it is surmised that a seed arrived from South America on the wind, in the droppings of a bird or associated with debris by sea.2
- Accession # 201500041
- Source: Rob Nicholson - Smith College
- Accession Date: 05-29-2015
- Bench: 1202 - AUS:North Bench W
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 3 confirmed on 02-17-2023
- BGCI Limited Ex Situ Distribution - Plants do not leave building without Manager approval!
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Magnoliopsida
- SubClass: eurosid II
- Order: Malvales
- Family: Malvaceae
- SubFamily: Malvoideae
- Tribe: Gossypieae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Accessed 29 May 2015.
- Gossypium darwinii at Wikipedia. Accessed 29 May 2015.
- Tye, A. & Callebaut, J. 2014. Gossypium darwinii. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2014.3. Accessed on 29 May 2015.
data regenerated on Thu, 02 Mar 2023 13:37:23 -0500 [bcm v4.0]