Stachyphrynium latifolium (Blume) K.Schum.
- Common Name:
- Family: Marantaceae Peterson
- Synonym(s): Stachyphrynium cylindricum K.Schum.
- Country of Origin: Pen. Thailand to Sulawesi
- Habitat: Understory of primary forest on dry limestone mountains.
- Accession # 201900236
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#1999097
Rcvd as Stachyphrynium aff. cylindricum
Kress, W. J., Collins, M., Sukhavanich, N.
Thailand: Yala Province: Than To District
Ban Than Ta Lu
6.2625, 101.1625, 24 Apr 1999
Shoots to 3 m, leaves green, blades ovate.
Inflorescence on basal shoot, scape green, bracts red-orange.
Flowers: staminodes white with yellow and cream.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3204 - ZING:tbd
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 2 confirmed on 05-26-2023
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Marantaceae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Last accessed on Sunday, 23 June, 2019.
- WCSP (2015). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Last accessed on Sunday, 23 June, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Tuesday, 16 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Fri, 26 May 2023 15:15:03 -0400 [bcm v4.0]