Dendrobium kingianum Bidw. ex Lindley
- Common Name: Pink Rock Orchid, Pink Rock Lily
- Family: Orchidaceae Juss.
- Country of Origin: eastern Australia - Queensland & NSW
- Habitat: rock faces and cliffs in pockets of leaf litter
- Description: Dendrobium kingianum occurs naturally in an area along the east coast of Australia between Rockhampton in Queensland and the Hunter River in New SouthWales. It grows exclusively on rock faces or among the decaying leaf litter in rock crevices.
- Culture: Water when media dries in summer, water only enough to prevent canes from shriveling in winter. Resume water when spring growth begins.
- CITES Appendix II Listed Plant
Additional images for this accession:Click on thumbnails to enlarge
- Accession # 199300111
- Source: unknown
- Accession Date: 01-01-1993
- Bench: 2311 - New Zealand/Australia
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 04-10-2013
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: monocots
- Order: Asparagales
- Family: Orchidaceae
- SubFamily: Epidendroideae
- Tribe: Podochilaeae
- SubTribe: Dendrobiinae
data regenerated on Wed, 22 May 2013 06:19:38 -0400