Alpinia maclurei Merr.
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Synonym(s): Alpinia guangdongensis S.J. Chen & Z.Y. Chen
- Country of Origin: S. China to Vietnam
- Accession # 201900118
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#1997041
Rcvd as Alpinia guangdongensis S.J. Chen & Z.Y. Chen
Kress, W. J., Gallagher, N. L., Liu, Nian
South China Botanic Gardens Academia Sinica
Cultivated at South China Botanical Garden.
30 Mar 1997
Shoots to 1.5 m in height, leaves green. Inflorescence terminal; bracts brown, papery and stiff. Flowers: all white with labellum red striped and yellow inside.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3208 - ZING: Zingiber/Boesenbergia
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 12-14-2022
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Alpinioideae
- Tribe: Alpinieae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Saturday, 04 May, 2019.
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Saturday, 04 May, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Tuesday, 16 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:56:25 -0500 [bcm v4.0]