Alpinia nigra (Gaertn.) Burtt
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: Indian Subcontinent to China (S. Yunnan)
- Habitat: Secondary growth in cultivated areas along creek.
- Accession # 201900120
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#2002078
Kress, W. J., Thet Htun, Bordelon, M., Sein Tun
Myanmar: Kachin State: Moe Hnyin Township
NE corner of Indawgyi Lake, 2 miles east of Lake.
25.1808, 96.4058, 27 Feb 2002
herb; Common, spreading herb with shoots 2-3.5 m tall, leaves green. Fruits black, arils while, seeds brown.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3314 - NEOB: Blue Tanks South
- Currently: active - new growth
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 11-29-2022
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Alpinioideae
- Tribe: Alpinieae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Saturday, 04 May, 2019.
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Saturday, 04 May, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Tuesday, 16 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:56:26 -0500 [bcm v4.0]