Boesenbergia kingii Mood & L.M.Prince
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: NE. India to China (Yunnan)
- Habitat: Understory of bamboo mixed deciduous forest.
- Accession # 201900127
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#1997139
Kress, W. J., Bell, D. A., (BOT), Smithsonian Institution - National Museum of Natural History (UNITED STATES), Thet Htun
Myanmar: Sagaing Division: Kani Township
Alaungdaw Kathapa National Park; Butolong Reserve, vicinity of Thebeik Sae Base Camp and Pagoda.
22.3175, 94.4678, 17 Jul 1997
Herb with shoots to 50 cm tall; leaves green above, maroon below. Inflorescence on basal shoot; bracts red maroon. Flowers unopened, white.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3207 - ZING: Zingiber
- Currently: dormant
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 12-14-2022
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Zingiberoideae
- Tribe: Zingibereae
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Saturday, 04 May, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Friday, 12 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:56:27 -0500 [bcm v4.0]