Zingiber rubens Roxb.
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: Sikkim to E. India and Indo-China
- Habitat: Understory of teak forest, along gullies and creeks
- Accession # 201900255
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#2003057
Kress, W. J., Aye Pe, Than Than Htay, (BURMA), Win Win Aung, (BURMA), Bordelon, M.
Myanmar: Rakhine State
7 miles from Taung-gok towards Pyay
18.8167, 94.35, 20 Jun 2003
Shoots to 1.5 m, stems red, leaces green. Sterile.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3207 - ZING: Zingiber
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 12-14-2022
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Zingiberoideae
- Tribe: Zingibereae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Friday, 22 February, 2019.
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Friday, 22 February, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Tuesday, 16 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:56:44 -0500 [bcm v4.0]