Alpinia kwangsiensis T.L.Wu & S.J.Chen
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: S. China
- Habitat: Understory of primary evergreen forest.
- Description: Pseudostems 1.5--3 m. Ligule 2-cleft, ca. 8 mm, hirsute; petiole 4--8 cm; leaf blade oblong-lanceolate, 40--60 × 8--16 cm, adaxially glabrous, abaxially densely pubescent, base cordate or attenuate, slightly oblique, apex with spirally rolled, sharp tip. Racemes erect, 13--30 cm, densely flowered, slightly elongate in fruit, densely yellow hirsute; bracteoles brown, oblong, ca. 3.5 cm, yellow hirsute, apex 2-cleft. Pedicel ca. 2 mm. Calyx pale purple, cylindric, ca. 2 cm, split on 1 side, yellow hirsute, apex 3-cleft. Corolla white; tube ca. 1.2 cm; lobes oblong, ca. 2 × 1.4 cm, margin ciliate. Labellum white, adaxially tinged with red, ovate, ca. 2.5 cm. Anther ca. 1 cm; filament ca. 1 cm. Ovary oblong, ca. 5 mm, densely yellow hirsute. Capsule globose, ca. 2 cm in diam., sparsely villous. Fl. and fr. Apr--Jun. 2 n = 48*.4
- Accession # 201900267
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#2002097`
Kress, W. J., Thet Htun, Bordelon, M., Sein Tun
Myanmar: Kachin State: Moe Hnyin Township
Nanyinkha Forest Reserve W of Indawgyi Lake 2 miles W of Lone Ton.
25.1106, 96.2439, 01 Mar 2002
herb; Shoots to 1 m, leaves green and puckered, shoots red.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 1212 - AUS:Ground Bed 2 NW
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 02-17-2023
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Alpinioideae
- Tribe: Alpinieae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019.
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Wednesday, 10 July, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Friday, 12 July, 2019.
- Flora of China. Last accessed on Monday, 27 January, 2020.
data regenerated on Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:56:45 -0500 [bcm v4.0]